A $5 fine will be levied against the owner â€“ faculty, staff, or student â€“ for the following:
- Failure to display a parking decal;
- Improper display of a parking decal;
- Failure to display a temporary parking or visitor permit;
- Displaying an out-of-date decal;
- Parking in an unauthorized area thatâ€™s marked Reserved, Visitors, No Parking, etc.;
- Parking in a tow-away zone, reserved area, fire lane drive, handicapped access aisle, or on the curb, lawn, or sidewalk, etc. (Offense is subject to towing at violatorâ€™s expense);
- Excessive speeding and/or reckless driving;
- Traveling the opposite direction in a one-way area; and/or
- Using more than one parking space.
In addition, drivers may receive a North Carolina state citation for parking in a handicapped space without a permit, which consists of a fine for $250 and a $110 court cost for a total of $360.
Traffic and Parking Regulations
No motor vehicle, except those owned by the college, may be parked on campus between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. unless cleared with with Campus Police first.
Motor vehicles parked on campus for more than 48 hours with no contact from the owner(s) to Campus Police will be towed at the ownerâ€™s expense.
Faculty, staff, and students with $25 of unpaid parking tickets will have their vehicles towed at the ownerâ€™s expense.
Students with unpaid parking ticket(s) will not be allowed to register for classes, graduate, or obtain copies of their college transcripts until the parking ticket(s) are paid in full.
Handicapped Parking Spaces
Every faculty and staff member and student needing access to a handicapped parking space on campus must have a state-issued handicapped permit, which must be issued to its user while parking on campus. This also must be registered with the Campus Police and Public Safety Office at the time the parking permit is obtained or when the state issues the permit.
The handicapped parking permit should hang facing outward from the rearview mirror inside the vehicle so officers and college personnel can see it. The decal should be placed on the rear driverâ€™s side bumper or back windshield.