When talking about ˛Ężâ±¦µäapp to the outside world, itâ€™s important to remember that the way we communicate is just as important as what we communicate.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Use clear and concise language.
- Use action words.
- Avoid jargon and buzzwords.
- Keep in mind the ˛Ężâ±¦µäapp values: education, helpfulness, affordability, reinvention, resourcefulness, creativity, and empowerment.
- And the tagline: â€śDo great things.â€ť
Use â€śactionâ€ť photos, student life, faculty and staff interaction, etc. â€” a picture of a meeting or spoken presentation unfortunately does not make for compelling content.
Photos should be well-composed, in focus, and colorful.
Whether youâ€™re discussing ˛Ężâ±¦µäapp on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or any of the myriad of other social media outlets, itâ€™s critical to keep in mind that whatever you post will reflect upon you and upon the college. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Use clear, conversational language. No need to be formal.
- Try to be positive, but above all, be respectful in your tone.
- Spelling counts!