technician views radiologic images while a patient gets an MRI


Lea Bingham
Assistant Dean, University Transfer
Phillips (Building 3), room 3-126
919-536-7223, ext. 8004

Radiologic Science

University Transfer Options

While ʿⱦapp does not offer a degree program in Radiologic Science, students who wish to pursue a bachelor's degree in Radiologic Science at UNC-Chapel Hill should complete the Associate in Science (AS) degree.

The Associate in Science (AS)

The Associate in Science (AS) is intended for students who ultimately wish to complete a baccalaureate science degree at a four-year college or university. The AS curriculum courses focus on courses such as biology, chemistry, engineering, geology, mathematics, or physics.

Course Selection Guide

This course selection guide shown below has been developed by referencing the Baccalaureate Degree plan for the . Note that this program has an early supplemental application deadline. See  web page for more information. 

Printable Radiologic Science Course Selection Guide (pdf)

General Education – 45 SHC (“Semester Hours of Credit”)
Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC) Courses (31-32 SHC)

UGETC courses are courses which are guaranteed to fulfill a general education component at every public university in North Carolina and the private colleges that are signatories to the 2015 Independent Comprehensive Articulation Agreement.

English Composition (6 SHC)
ʿⱦapp / UGETC RequirementUNC-CH
ENG 111 Writing & InquiryENG 111
ENG 112 Writing/Research in the DisciplinesENG 112
Humanities/Fine Arts (H/FA) (6 SHC)

Select two courses from separate disciplines

ʿⱦapp / UGETC RequirementUNC-CH
One course selected from ART 111, 114, 115; COM 231; DRA 111, MUS 110, 112COM 231
One course selected from ENG 231, 232, 241, 242, PHI 215 or PHI 240Any
Social and Behavioral Sciences (S/BS) (6 SHC)

Select two courses from separate disciplines

ʿⱦapp / UGETC RequirementUNC-CH
One course selected from HIS 111, HIS 112, HIS 131, or HIS 132Any
ECO 251, 252, POL 120; PSY 150, or SOC 210PSY 150
Mathematics (8 SHC)
ʿⱦapp / UGETC RequirementUNC-CH
One Math course selected from MAT 171, 172, 263, 271, 272MAT 171
Second CourseMAT 172
Natural Science (8 SHC)
ʿⱦapp / UGETC RequirementUNC-CH
One Science course selected from BIO 111 and 112; CHM 151 and 152; PHY 151 and 152 or PHY 251 and PHY 252PHY 151
Second Course in SequencePHY 152
Additional General Education Transfer Hours (11 SHC)
Foreign Language (3 SHC)
ʿⱦapp Gen Ed RequirementUNC-CH
Foreign Language: Choose from American Sign Language, Arabic, French, German, or Spanish. FL 112 Must be taken with accompanying lab. Foreign Language must be at 112 level or higher for ʿⱦapp requirements.FL 211
Additional Mathematics/Science Courses (8 SHC)

At UNCW see concentration requirements to determine which science course.

ʿⱦapp Gen Ed RequirementUNC-CH
First CourseCHM 151
Second CourseBIO 111
Other Required Hours (15 SHC)

Students should consult their advisor. The listings vary based on the requirements of the selected university and the student's intended major.

College Transfer Success Course (1 SHC)
ʿⱦapp RequirementUNC-CH
ACA 122 (This course should be taken in the student’s first semester.)ACA 122
Foreign Language (0-8 SHC)
ʿⱦapp RequirementUNC-CH
FL 111/181, 112/182 if needed to meet prerequisitesAs Needed
Additional Major Course(s)

Radiologic Science has an early supplemental application deadline. View the . All courses listed here must be completed before admission to the Radiologic Science program.

CHM 152 and MAT 152 are recommended but not required.

ʿⱦapp RequirementUNC-CH
Additional college level course(s) to complete the 15 SHC requirement.BIO 163 or 168
CHM 152
MAT 152

Guaranteed Admissions Pathways

ʿⱦapp has partnered with several universities to develop guaranteed admissions pathways for a seamless transition into their baccalaureate programs for eligible students who complete a ʿⱦapp university transfer degree (AA, AS, AFA, and AE). Students must apply for acceptance into these programs.

Suggested Paths

Short Term

(12 months or less)

Long Term

(More than 12 months)