* This program is financial aid eligible.
Nurse Aide Certificate
Topics include growth and development, personal care, vital signs, communication, nutrition, medical asepsis, therapeutic activities, accident and fire safety, household environment and equipment management, family resources and services, and employment skills. Courses also provide foundational knowledge needed in the pursuit of advanced health science degrees or programs.
Through classroom instruction, laboratory work, and clinical rotations, students prepare to pass the NC Nurse Aide Competency Evaluation, a requirement to be listed on the NC Nurse Aide I Registry.
Students must provide proof of the following at the class orientation session:
- Proof of immunity for MMR, Varicella, Tdap (dependent upon NAS-101 clinical site assignment)
- Negative TB skin test within 6 months of the first day of class or a negative chest X-ray within the last 5 years (two-step TB dependent upon NAS-101 clinical site assignment).
- Hepatitis immunity through vaccination or by signing a declination form.
- An influenza (flu) vaccine spring and fall semesters.
- Personal health insurance (dependent upon NAS-101 clinical site assignment)
- COVID-19 vaccination
Equipment and Supplies
- Hunter green scrub shirt and pants
- White or black shoes with a closed toe and a closed heel
- Blood pressure cuff
- Watch with a second hand
- Notebook and pens
Spring Application Deadline is Jan 02
Upcoming Program Events
Estimated Tuition & Fees
Main Campus, Online
Minimum Credit Hours