The ²Ê¿â±¦µäapp Men of Color Scholars Institute (MCSI) is a program that fosters leadership, nurtures professional and personal development, and is a support network for its members. In scholarly pursuit, members and mentors learn from one another by promoting and stimulating self-efficacy, academic excellence, career aspirations, and a sense of community.
To empower all members to achieve their educational, career, and personal objectives through mentorship and exposure to academic, social, and career/professional opportunities.
MCSI aims to increase utilization of campus, community and all available resources through engaging and intentional connections amongst all involved.
- Increase retention and graduation rates of members through mentoring, proactive advising, and workshops throughout each semester to increase self-efficacy.
- Enhance leadership, personal and professional growth for members through leadership development activities, and by sharing lived experiences of mentors.
- Involve members in dynamic cross-cultural experiences to increase cultural awareness and wealth.
- Provide members with financial literacy and coaching to enhance economic mobility.
- Facilitate opportunities for self-discovery and individual growth of members.
All future and currently enrolled ²Ê¿â±¦µäapp students who identify as a man of color are eligible to join.
MCSI fosters partnerships between members and mentors. Our mentors are experienced and trained in mentoring, counseling, developmental and proactive advising, instruction, career exploration, and financial planning.
If you are interested in joining MCSI or wish to refer someone, please complete a . For more information, please contact MCSI@durhamtech.edu.