²Ê¿â±¦µäapp employees who wish to request the Presidentâ€™s attendance at any event must complete the ²Ê¿â±¦µäapp Event Form. Community members who wish to request the Presidentâ€™s attendance at an event should contact the Office of the President at email@example.com.
The Office of the President prefers at least one (1) monthâ€™s notice; requests submitted with less than two (2) weeks' notice may be considered based on availability, significance, and circumstance.
Before requesting the Presidentâ€™s participation, please consider the following criteria:
- What College objective does the Presidentâ€™s involvement achieve?
- Do the size and composition of the audience create a strategic opportunity to deliver a particular message?
- Have you checked with the President's Office to see if the proposed date and time are open on the Presidentâ€™s calendar?
- Are there competing College events taking place that day?
- You will receive confirmation from the President's Office via e-mail when a decision has been made on your request.
If the President is being asked to deliver prepared remarks at your event, advance notice is required, and you may be responsible for preparing a draft of the remarks.
All event remarks must be reviewed by Nancy Wykle, Director of Marketing and Communications, and the Office of the President at least two (2) weeks prior to the event. If your event was scheduled within a timeframe that does not meet these deadlines, please consult with the Director of Marketing and Communications to make alternative arrangements to have the remarks approved as soon as possible.
When submitting draft remarks, include the following:
For resource development or advancement events, all remarks and/or suggested bullet points must be vetted by Melissa Chappell, Executive Director, Institutional Advancement/²Ê¿â±¦µäapp Foundation, at least four (4) weeks prior to the event.
- Two to three sentences describing the eventâ€™s focus or theme;
- Specific points or messages you want to be included;
- Name and title of the person who will introduce the President;
- Proposed length of time you wish the President to speak; and
- Other special instructions (Q&A after remarks, special presentations, other introductions, etc.).
For resource development or advancement events, all remarks and/or suggested bullet points must be vetted by Roxanne Miller, Vice President, Chief Institutional Advancement Officer, at least four (4) weeks prior to the event.